Some of the songs that were there for me as I was writing Seeking the Center:
- Whatta Man - Salt-N-Pepa
- Silver River - Shingoose (poetry by Duke Redbird)
- You Really Got Me - The Kinks
- When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
- Look How the Stars Shine for You - Randy Wood
- Wild Horses - The Rolling Stones
- How You Like Me Now - The Heavy
- A Case of You - Joni Mitchell
- Heart of Stone - The Rolling Stones
- Road to Batoche - Jimmie LaRocque, Gerry McIvor, Kim Chartrand
- I'll Be There - The Jackson 5
- Never Never Blues - John Trudell
- La belle Françoise - Garolou
Here's a link to the Spotify playlist.
UPDATE: I can't believe I forgot about "What's Love Got To Do With It?" (Tina Turner) - a song that actually appears in Seeking the Center. Just like "Heart of Stone," it should have made it onto the playlist for sure. Remember? Jamie sings it while dancing into in the dressing room just before he meets Deuce for the first time. Anyhow, I snuck it in between The Jackson 5 and John Trudell on the Spotify playlist. Sorry about that!